Re: desktop thrills!

To: schaiken@e-chemicals.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: desktop thrills!
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:01:01 EST
In a message dated 12/29/98 4:10:37 PM, schaiken@e-chemicals.com wrote:

<<I wonder if everyone is engrossed in some 'off-season' desktop thrill
equivalent...............I'm playing with Grand Prix Legends ......what a
trip!>>

        For those of you who do not have Super PC that can run Grand Prix
Legends (or
like myself stubborn loyalists to Mac 'puters), the next best thing may be the
Gran Turismo game for the Sony Playstation.  No vintage racers on it but it is
very realistic as far as how the different cars drive and react.  To put in a
good lap, you have to drive a good smooth line & it's not easy.  You also have
the option of many modifications and adjustments to make your car faster (but
only after you have won credits by doing well in races that you can use to
purchase the performance upgrades)
        I haven't tried GPL, but I can identify with the addictive aspect of a
good
computer racing game.

        Doug Meis
        '67 Honda S800