Re: Top 10 Reasons Why I Won't be in Monterey this weekend.....

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Top 10 Reasons Why I Won't be in Monterey this weekend.....
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 01:37:28 -0400
MHKitchen@aol.com wrote:

> With apologies to Letterman.....

Hmmm, more than a little truth in them. I went as a spectator for the
first time, enjoyed Concours Italiano immensely (tone of friends there
from all over the world).
Decided that we should set up a bogus SCRAMP booth on "headgasket hill"
to collect a "gold chain tax."
Disappointed by the quality of female companions. C'mon CA, the East has
better scenery!
Found a Boxter parked in the Ferrari Club corral...
In fact mustave seen 150 Boxters.
All the Porsches mustave scared off the good vintage racers - only a few
Ferarris. The midsize sports cars included no Alfa Spiders, only one MG
and a "Sabra GT" - have you ever seen a Sabra GT - racing?
Went to Pebble Beach too. Arrived & passed the place at 8:45, got in at
10:45 after parking somewhere near Santa Cruz, I think, and got bussed
in.
Ever see a Daytona Spider parked by the side of the road with nothing
nearby?
How about a Ital Design NAZCA parked in front of a Bentley Mulsanne on
the street.
Were there cars at Pebble Beach? hard to tell - I mostly saw people
crowded around someting....
Filled in survey at the races: Willyou come again? ans: No, reason
(actually on the survey!) once is enough....
Ciao.
Jim