Re: prepared in the proper spirit...

To: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Subject: Re: prepared in the proper spirit...
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 23:13:15 -0400
Susan and John Roper wrote:

> You guys are assuming that just because you aren't familiar with it, its
> somehow strange or wrong.  When I got my first TD in the fifties, the
> flat head V860 was a well known conversion.

Raced for years with Neil Cargyle who had a Ferrari with a Corvette
engine in it - after blowing two Ferrari V12s and getting tired of
dealing with Chinetti and Ferrari.
Turned down buying the car in the mid 70s with the two blown engines for
$4500... sob, sob....
The there was the Maserati 300S in Brockton, MA with the Pontiac V8.
Same price, maybe less...