Re: prepared in the proper spirit...

To: MRogers726@aol.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: prepared in the proper spirit...
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 14:29:57 EDT

<< I see the problem as being the WINNER/LOOSER structure.of vintage racing.
YES,
 thats what racing is but is this what VINTABE racing should be about?  >>

Of course it should---- just as it was in the fabled old days. There were
those who pushed the envelope then and nothing has changed.

Updating and doing whatever is possible to go faster is not necessarily
because the owner wants to win - in many cases - he just wants to go faster!

In my case, it's like playing golf (ugh) I keep my best track time at every
course I've ever run and my goal is to top that lap time. Just like a golfer
might be justly proud of a new personal best using an oversized titanium
driver, I'm happy as a pig in shit when I increase my valve size (or whatever)
and turn a better time. It's about enjoying our hobby. A few golfers play to
win, the vast majority play for the companionship and the personal challenge.

Don Queen SF