Re: Alternator Installation

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternator Installation
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:43:07 PST
Don,

You didn't specify which type of Alfa you're doing this to. There is
a real problem doing this on a Giulietta Spider. The steering box is
too close for anything but the super expensive small diameter Japanese
units. Nothing used on a production car will fit, AFAIK. The 105 series
GTV, GTA, etc. are no problem. I think I've heard of this being done on
a Giulietta Sprint, but the Spiders are a pain.  Jim Hayes has more info
on this subject, but I believe he's out of the country at present.