Re: Climate Question

To: favres@engmail.ulinear.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Climate Question
From: CLC SF <CLCSF@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:19:55 EST
In a message dated 97-12-10 09:45:26 EST, favres@engmail.ulinear.com writes:

<< Since Glycol is banned at most tracks, what do people in cold climates
 do to their race cars for winter storage? >>

Your question reminds me of John Groves story. Two years ago he sold his
racing MGB to a guy in the Midwest. This guy had a buddy with a truck who
drove out to SF on other business and picked up the car while he was here. The
subject of antifreeze never came up and you can imagine the result after the
car sat in the frigid midwest for the rest of the winter...... busted block!

So, I guess the answer is, those poor souls in the frozen tundra must drain
their blocks every winter or have protected storage. Lets not tell them that
it stays warm out here all winter, God knows what those maniacs will do.
Don SF