Re: Fwd: L.A races??

To: CLCSF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: L.A races??
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:12:07 -0500

CLCSF@aol.com wrote:

>  I'll bet he wasn't at Monaco ( I wasn't
> invited either)

 I think David *was* at Monaco. He was describing the Historic Grand Prix.
Pretty
sure he didn't do LA since he was at Monterey a couple of weekends before
that. If you hadn't run a street race before, I can understand your surprise at
the crowding and lack of safe passing. Only street race I've run that had decent
paddock space was in Columbus, Ohio. No, I take that back. We had what space
would fit on a 10x16 foot sheet of plastic (or thereabouts) - your race car,
tool
box, folding chair, etc. Trailer and tow vehicle were outside somewhere, since
the paddock was inside the convention arena. But everyone was in the same boat,
including the IMSA professionals. I *would* agree, however, that it was VARA's
problem of oversubscribing, especially on a first-time event.

--
Dick
Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd.