Re: L.A. Grand Prix Report

To: BroColls@aol.com
Subject: Re: L.A. Grand Prix Report
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 18:58:48 -0700
I'd like to comment on the passing under the yellow situation.  Locally,
both Florida and Central Florida Regions of the SCCA, the stewards have
taken a very firm stand on this issue.  If you are reported and
confirmed as having passed under the yellow, your weekend is pretty much
guaranteed as being over (not just disqualified, over and done)!  The
primary reason for this is the fact that, under a yellow-flag condition,
there may well be workers on or very near the track and the race
officials refuse to put them at further risk.  I personally, and the
Vintage group as a whole, totally support them in there reasoning and
wish more organizers would take a similar view of the situation.

*8o)

John A. Rollins, Vintage Race Coordinator
Florida Region, SCCA
http://www.netcom.com/~nobozos/