Re: RE: The current state of U.S. vintage ra

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RE: The current state of U.S. vintage ra
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:36:43 PDT

>>Rookie vintage racers tend to be in their 40's (average 46 a few years =
>>ago).  They want to race the cars of their youth.  As they age they tend =
>>to drift away.  The older cars leave with them.  Hence dates slide =
>>forward to attract more rookies.

Ouch.  Just when I thought I was *special* somebody has to come
along and prove I'm just average.....8-)

Anyway, I am most definitely a rookie. Monterey Historics will be my
*first* actual vintage race. And I turn 46 this  year ..and I am
driving a car built the year I got my drivers license.

How's that for hitting the middle of the bell curve??

...now wish me luck with PJ and Follmer.  Talk about intimidation.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC   Web Site -  http://www.norcal-saac.org
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com  67 GT500 & Shelby T-A coupe/ 71 Boss 351