re: What is vintage

To: vintage -race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: What is vintage
From: Mike &Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:08:47 -0400
Slings and arrows and all!
I own a road racing special from 1958 that has a complete documented
history including 24 straight race wins in '58 & '59. That said, other than
me, who cares?
I'd rather race any day on a grid of cars once driven as street cars, stored
away or found in barns or wrecking yards that have been lovingly restored
and prepped by their owners to a standard eqivalent to what a production
sports car WOULD have been in it's year of manufacture than race against a
similar car with a race history whos owner doesn't understand what the
sport is all about and prepares it like an SCCA production car for the
run-offs...flares, slicks etc. stuff that NO-ONE used on any car in the
period that many of our cars race.
This is vintage racing...not used sports car racing
Mike