Re: What is vintage?

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What is vintage?
From: elan26@hctc.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:13:45 -0700
>Fortunately, I also found a club (VARA) that seeems to
>use common sense and stresses safety first and FUN second. The other clubs
>that you all are talking about can muddle around in the "authenticity issue"
>and who should be allowed on track. Meanwhile, we're having fun. Thanks to
>Chris, Todd and a hundred others for keeping VARA the way it is.

I heartily agree! I started my vintage racing with VARA a few years ago but
then moved out of the area. VARA was a good group to be with. The people
running things were friendly and helpful and VARA's Group 1 accommodated my
adamantly-stock Elan very nicely while not hassling those people who wanted
to race a less-stock version. I miss VARA's driver-friendly attitude.