Re:Steamboat & LA Gran Prix

To: cbarnes@netnet.net
Subject: Re:Steamboat & LA Gran Prix
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

<< I think I'll be helping out with administration, results
 and that type of stuff.  Saving my racing $ for Steamboat
 Springs, RMVR's event over Labor Day.  Which, incidentally,
 you would really enjoy if you like the Historics.

 Cheers!

 Cheryl Barnes
 Vintage FVee #94

I'll look forward to seeing you at "Chicago Historics" next week. We're

I've run Steamboat before and had a ball !, another great example of an event
that is run for the drivers. Unfortunately, this year the 1st LA Gran Prix
will be held over Labor day weekend and I've got to try this at least once.
Imagine blocking off a 2 mile track around Chinatown, Union Staion and
Alvarado Street. Racing flat out with the LA Skyline in the background!

Pause for jokes about smog and

2 of my fellow members of Road Apple Racing, Myles and Kerby, are probably
coming to Steamboat. I hope to make it next year.

Too many great races, too much fun !! Who needs Steve Earle?

DonSF
Road Apple Racing   " established surreptitiously, dedicate to mediocrity "