Re: roll cage height

To: "Christopher H. Kang, MD" <chkangmd@qnis.net>,
Subject: Re: roll cage height
From: Chris Harwood <harwooc@gov.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 97 09:34:42 -0500
Chris

As a Europa owner with the same potential problem. I can understand your
dilema. I am also a scrutineer with VARAC - we require 2" clearance
between the top of the helmet and the top of the roll bar. There is one
Europa that runs regularly in our club events. I haven't tech'd it
specfically but it meets our rules. I believe the lowered seat approach
is followed - only a thin bit of fibreglass between you and the road
surface! There used to be another Europa/TC that turned up once and a
while about 3 years ago. It had the hoop out side of the passenger
compartment just ahead of the engine and was slightly above the roof
line. I guess this met the rules but.....

I may have some photos of these installations - I'll scan them and send
them to you.

Chris Harwood
70 Europa S2 - Type 54