Re: Tube chassis repair

To: "Earl W. Zwickey" <zwickey@arn.net>
Subject: Re: Tube chassis repair
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 12:04:58 -0500
Earl W. Zwickey wrote:

> I would appreciate your suggestions on shops to use for repair of tube
> type English formula car chassis.  As those of you familiar with these
> are aware, nickel-bronze brazing is used, and I am interested in a shop
> with a significant experience and expertise.  I am aware of shops such
> as Prince in Illinois and Bahner in California, but am particularly
> seeking first hand experience.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Earl Zwickey

Prince, in Stirling, Illinois, does superb work. He has fixtures for
most suspension components for formula cars of all eras and has a
catalog of those parts. Some guys take their brand new formula or sports
racer cars to him, disassemble the suspension, and have him make up
fixtures before they need them -- because eventually they will need
them.

A second source is Dan Campbell, Fabrication & Race Technology, 3979
County Road JJ, Black Earth Wisconsin Phone 608-767-3278, at least that
is the last address I had for Dan from about five years ago. Dan used to
be the USA distributor for Tiga cars. He is (or was) a professional race
car team manager, fabrictor par excellence, etc. He showed me what
welding equipment to get etc when I decided to build my own Formula Ford
chassis (with which, by the way, I won the Chicago Region Regional
Championship - ahem - if I don't brag on myself, nobody will).

Good Luck

uncle jack in Iowa