Monterey

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Monterey
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 07:47:01 -0500
Myles,

>If he were strict and consistent that's one thing, but letting his "buddies"
>in with questionable cars

 I'd have to agree that Steve puts on a great show, but further agree with
you about being inconsistent in his application of rules. He does the same
thing with the Seven. The only cars (except the Lotus year) he lets in are
his buddies who are officers from neighboring Vintage groups. And one of
those was such a cheater car it was ridiculous. And I know personally of a
C Jaguar that was admitted years ago, on very short notice - a car with no
race history, even.

 This is not totally sour grapes. I have raced there, twice, when I had a
type 14 Elite, but he's told me that he doesn't like Sevens, so I haven't
even tried to enter. Some Lotus folk are still POed that he didn't have a
group photo of the racing Lotus, as he's done with the other marques, but
did have time for a group photo of the Bugattis at the Kink.

Dick Carlson
Age & Treachery Racing
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atrltd