Re: RV's for race weekends

To: vintage-race@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: RV's for race weekends
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:48:42 PDT
[from Mark J Bradakis]

>Malcolm Cox wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for some comments, rude or otherwise, from RV'ers.
>> I'm seriously thinking of getting a RV (motorhome) for lugging trailer
>> (with MGA) to events (my Plymouth Caravan really strains with 3500lb
>
>Try a 4.0 Cherokee. Tows 3500# like it ain't there, up to 75 mph
>leisurely cruise, 16 mpg, and can be used as a daily driver.

Oh oh , <BIAS ON>

Instead of the wimpy 4.0 Cherokee, try a 5.0 Explorer. Tows  6700lbs
(6400lb if AWD)  18 mpg on the road at 70-80 mph.  Comfortable
as a Towncar, goes almost anywhere, turns tighter corners than a
Mustang GT ..I'll stop now, lest my bias start to show...

<BIAS OFF>

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC   Web Site -  http://www.norcal-saac.org
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com  67 GT500 & Shelby T-A coupe/ 71 Boss 351
   97 5.0 Explorer, which replaced an '88 Mustang GT