Re: June vintage event in NorCal?

To: EHSMITH@us.oracle.com
Subject: Re: June vintage event in NorCal?
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 16:54:35 PDT
As a result of having the Reno Hilton pull the plug on us, CSRG called
around and got itself invited to two VARA events. VARA has agreed to let
CSRG cars run without being brought up to all their latest safety
standards. CSRG has its own standards, but VARA didn't want anybody to
get flunked at tech for rules they never saw. One of these events has
already happened, I believe. The next one is June 14-15 at Buttonwillow.
The entry fee is $175+$25 if entry is received after June 2. I got an
entry form in the mail. I thought all CSRG members got one. Check your
snail mail. You can also call the VARA office at 1-800-280-VARA. I'm
not sure if they are waiving the $50 VARA membership fee listed on the
form. They are billing this event as a Formula Ford & Formula Vee
reunion.