Re: Posting Regarding VSCDA Event in August

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: Re: Posting Regarding VSCDA Event in August
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:16:18 -0400
At 11:40 AM 28/05/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Grattan is a very nice track located near Grand Rapids, Michigan.

snip...
>I would regard it as a mini-Mid-Ohio with garages, showers, spectator
>friendly, fishing pond, and even a full size swimming pool.
>
>This is also one of the sites of the John Twist Summer Party featuring
>the MG. Marque. They typically come in from great distances to attend a
>convention in Grand Rapids and then come out to tour the track on Sunday
>and watch the races.
>
>Great event...

It is a great event, but perhaps more importantly Grattan is possibly the
most challenging track from a driver skill point of view that I've ever
driven.  Lot's of off-camber, up-hill, down hill, blind entry, blind exit,
fast, slow corners, a hugh back straight for guys that like to go fast, AND
a great barbeque...  I've always loved this place.  (I mean, a hump that
gets you airborne just before a major braking point for a very tight right
hander, with a swamp to catch you if you miss...really! )