MGB inertia cut-off switch

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: MGB inertia cut-off switch
From: Jarl&Carol <deboer@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 07:36:57 -0700
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> Malcolm, when you get that inertia switch from Moss, be prepared
> to do a little work on it before installing it - as shipped, mine
> was built with 20 gauge leads, not enough to safely and reliably
> carry the current that a heavy duty fuel pump can draw. With
> a little careful work, you can replace it with 16g or 18g (which
> is what I ended up doing).

Chris, I'm confused! I've used several inertia switches which I removed
from wrecked later MGBs. They've always come with two spade connectors
at one end and you can use whatever gauge wire you want. They've never
overloaded on me. When you buy a new replacement from Moss do they come
with internally attached leads? do you open up the switches? As I said,
I always install original used ones and that way I can charge customers
$20 instead of the $60 Moss apparently wants. Maybe I should charge more
for the ones I have left! Jarl