Re: Cortina

To: topjimmy@frii.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cortina
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 11:44:17 -0400 (EDT)
Jim;

There is a huge "Cortina Cult" out there, and there are lots of us who can
assist you in finding parts sources, etc.  In general, the Mk1's are more
desireable and more expensive than the MkII's.  You didn't say if you wanted
to vintage race it or not.  If you do want to race, MKII's are eligible in
some clubs, but not all, since they are a little too new.  They are also
heavier than the MKI's, so they're generally not as competitive (don't let
Murray Ross from Vancouver B.C. hear me say that, though!!).  The price you
mentioned sounds right for a VERY NICE street MKII.  I have seen them go for
MUCH LESS, needing more work, obviously.

You didn't indicate where you are located, but there are parts sources all
around the country, and in the U.K. (obviously).  Some good ones that come to
mind are Dave Bean Engineering (CA), Rapid Motions (CA), JAE (CA), rd
enterprises (PA), English Ford Specialties (CA), and Lotus Cortina Spares
Centre (UK).

There's also a club/newsletter that caters to English Fords that has a lot of
info and ads for Cortinas.  That's English Ford Lines, contact them c/o North
American ENglish Ford Registry, 12 Biltmore Ave., Providence RI 02908-3513,
TEL (401) 521-ENFO (6-9PM EST).

You might also check this
website...http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~hardie/cortina/lotus.html.

Good luck, and happy Cortinaing...if you buy it..

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk 1 #128