Re: Response to the open Letter...

To: Sheck94@aol.com
Subject: Re: Response to the open Letter...
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:26:20 -0400
I        just read your letter concerning SVRA. I have a solution. Join a real
club not a
business that disguises itself as a club.
In the east there's VSCCA, VARAC (yes, I know I'm biased being on the Board of
Directors), VSCDA or others. And a huge number of terrific organizations in the
west.
By joining a 'real' club, you won't be serving someones business interests, you
can still
race at an SVRA event if you want to, ( a huge number of our members go to the
Glen or
Mid-Ohio etc.) and you just may be surprised how much input you can have in the
direction of your organization... i.e. personally, I and most members of the
Board are on
the 'conservative' side in relation to rules etc. BUT... every year at our AGM,
the
membership can vote on issues....I might not agree with how any particular vote
goes,
but that's how clubs work. Sure beats business any day.
Mike