Re: Coolant corrosion

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Coolant corrosion
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 22:01:44 -0700
I've been good, not used glycol coolants like all the regs implore.
I am using only water (best Napa Valley well water, very beneficial for
Chardonney I gather) plus Redline water wetter at recommended dose.
But I am amazed at the speed of corrosion on aluminum parts (primarily
water pump) on my MGA.  After a few days, I get big lumps of pinkish
(rose?) white deposit.

Does anyone know of an over the counter corrosion inhibitor can add to
the brew to make it age more gracefully?
Malcolm Cox, MGA #80
Napa