Re: Cool-ant Questions

To: Andy Hiller <racecase@oneimage.com>
Subject: Re: Cool-ant Questions
From: Jeff Young <jey@Adobe.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:24:50 -0800
Andy --

The water pump pushes water into the engine at the pump (on the front of
the block); the water exits at the elbow at the top, front of the head.
The water exiting *should* go to the top of the radiator; the bottom of
the radiator should feed the water pump.

I believe you have #1 backwards.  Note: pushing the cold water into the
hottest part of the engine (the head) would cause excessive thermal
stress.  You want the water exiting the motor at the head, which is also
where you want to measure the temp.

-- Jeff.