Calif. smog law change!

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Calif. smog law change!
From: VEENET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 00:48:20 -0500 (EST)
This does not relate directly to vintage racing and only applies to those of
us in California, but since a lot of vintage racers are also "old car nuts"
this may be important...To those outside Calif, sorry for the
intrusion....Jerry Burr
   There is a bill ( SB 42 ) going through the California legislature that
should be of interest to all of us that are involved with old cars. This bill
by Sen. Quentin Kopp proposes to make cars more than 25 years old exempt from
smog checks. This would be a rolling limit instead of the fixed exemption of
1965 and older.
              If you think that this is a good idea and would like to help
get it  through  all the political hoops and into law here is what you do.
Call AND  write  your representative telling him or her that you support this
bill.. If you don't know who your representative is you can find out in the
front of your phone book.It is very important that they hear from as many of
us as possible.
              This bill has a real chance of going through if it gets enough
support from the voters. That's us!! So take the time and let your
representative know how you feel and maybe we can keep our old cars away from
the smog police.