Re: The Italian Job

To: PaceCars@aol.com, stuart.hazlewood@ny.ddbn.com, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: The Italian Job
From: "Mark McChesney" <mmcchesn@ford.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 20:28:19 -0500
On Dec 7, 12:43am, PaceCars@aol.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: The Italian Job
> The Italian Job is a great flick. The only good news about the cars is that
> the XKE's that are thrown off the cliff were supposedly rust buckets, and the
> Minis that are destroyed are 850's (according to an article I read).
> Harold Pace
>-- End of excerpt from PaceCars@aol.com

This is true! Through out most of the film they use real Cooper 1275s, but if
you slow motion as the cars are dumped off the bus you will see that they have
no right hand fuel filler caps (as the Cooper 1275s do) indeed they must have
switched them for 850s - but they still dumped some nice minilight wheels
overboard with the 850s :-(. The last time I saw the film was 1990, I watched
closely as they dumped the cars:-)

Mark McChesney
Mk1 Morris Cooper 1275S (also a fake - but with real twin tanks)