Re: a spin on the physics

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Subject: Re: a spin on the physics
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 11:58:38 -0400
At 05:08 PM 9/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
We had a wet race on Sunday at Mosport, and while my race was stunningly
frightening and slow, Bob Tarzwell, who many of you know as the driver of a
very fast white Mini and a neat Mini Moke, ran second in his field of
contemporary GT cars.  He had the rain tires, the rain line, and the front
wheel drive and just ran away from the field.  Imagine being in a full tilt
Porsche IMSA racecar, with the right tires, and a good driver, and being
passed on the outside of turn 1 at Mosport. Rather discouraging, I would say!

>> Can you guys say "rain line"?  In its most elemental sense, this just
>> means driving where surface is less polished/slippery when its wet.
>> ...  This ain't rocket science, but it's one of the things that
>> makes rain so much fun - and such a great equalizer. Enjoy.
>>
>> JH Bahn

Brian Evans
Director, General Sales
UUNET Canada Inc.