Hoosier Vintage Tires Update

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Hoosier Vintage Tires Update
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 22:47:56 -0400
You may remember my earlier report on the Hoosiers. I use 5.00X15 Vintage
TDs on my Alfa 1600 Veloce Spider.
My original report based on a comparison at Summit Pt. was they were nicely
controllable but slower than the 185/70R15 Comp T/As.
Today I ran two practices at NHIS. During the first session, I thought they
felt nice but "slippery". However, on the clock in the second session, I did
six very consistent laps in the 1:33 range, over 2 seconds FASTER than I had
ever run before in similar weather -(hot & sunny). Perhaps this is a better
indication of these tires potential, as NHIS is the track I have the most
experience with.

Jim Hayes -   Vintage racing '57 & '62 Alfa Spiders
 jeh@fotec.com              http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.