Re: A (sort of) philosophical question

To: gleuma@dial.eunet.ch, jey@mv.us.adobe.com
Subject: Re: A (sort of) philosophical question
From: cak@aratar.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 96 16:48:17 PDT
I've been using my TR4a as my daily driver for almost a year now.
I carry spare spark plugs (#3 tends to oil foul in heavy traffic) and
a small tool kit, but I don't have any problems.

Of course, I've had her for six years now, and I've spent a lot of
time working the bugs out. I just drove 200 miles round trip
to Monterey and never gave it a second thought.

Of course, I have a backup now; my partner's turbo FIAT. Though
more often than not I'm her backup. The other Triumph and the Morris
aren't running right now, and the Ferrari is still at the body shop.

While I was debugging the car, I lived close enough to work
that I could walk in a pinch. I did, sometimes. Expect the
first year to have a lot of unexpected problems. A friend
of mine says that, despite the ads, there is no such thing
as a turnkey race car; you have to tear it down to know what's
in there. The same is true for old British cars used on the road.
Start at the front, work towards the back, check it all out,
fix what's broken, improve what you can. You'll have to do
some things out of order, count on it.