Re: A (sort of) philosophical question

To: glue man <gleuma@dial.eunet.ch>
Subject: Re: A (sort of) philosophical question
From: Jeff Young <jey@mv.us.adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 12:35:33 +0100
glue man wrote:

> > >  > Is there anyone among us who is
> >
> >Jim Beckmeyer replied:

> plane that
>as a
>
> Couldn't agree more with the pilot!

While I would like to agree as well, I would be turning a blind eye to
experience.  I once tried to drive a TR6 as a daily driver with no
backup.  After about 4 months, I broke down and bought a Miata.

Most of my problems were ignition and fuel.  A hole in the carb
diaphram, pitted points, melted and collapsed points-to-dizzy-shaft
rubbing block, wobbly dizzy shaft, dead coil, etc.  The car quit about
once every two weeks (really), and left me stranded twice.

Had I completely rebuilt the ignition and carbs, I might have had a
better experience.  I've also got a '67 Ferrari in much better condition
that's only let me down once (dead fuel pump).  Of course, I've never
tried to use it as a daily driver.

-- Jeff.