Laguna Seca Info

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Laguna Seca Info
From: simon@LSIL.COM (Simon Favre)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 96 18:14:52 PST
I have seen a web site with Laguna Seca track info. Try:

http://www.laguna-seca.com

There is a map of the new track config. It looks to me like cars will
have to apex later on 9 to be set up for the new 10. There used to be
loads of room to get back over for 10, and 10 was a really fast turn.
Maybe not so anymore. On another map I saw, 10 looks sharper, and it
definitely starts further up the hill.  I think the advantage for
Vintage racing will be not being so close to a wall on the exit of 10,
like before. The old part of the track now becomes part of the pit
entrance. The speeds coming into 11 may be lower for most Vintage
racers. Only time will tell. The reconfig is apparently complete, but
the track will be completely resurfaced in May-June. Anybody planning
to do HMSA there in March? I have a CSRG event at Sears in March, and
I'm not sure if I can do both.