Bobby Austin roll bars & cages

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Bobby Austin roll bars & cages
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 08:00:09 -0500 (CDT)
        This isn't a "vintage race" question... exactly. One of my winter
        projects this year (apart from trying to get my TR4 to stop leaking
        [HA]) is to build Tamiya's newly released Jaguar MKII scale model as
        Edgar Boles' vintage racer. I've gotten his and David Hinton's (the
        Jag's preparer) cooperation in the project, which is a big help. In
        one of the photos I noticed the car has a "Bobby Austin" Roll cage.
        I spent nearly all day Saturday scouring through old vintage race
        magazines looking for an advert to no avail. Is he still in business?
        Is the MKII's Roll cage a custom job, or an "off the shelf item"? I'd
        like to get in touch with Austin to get design and dimensions so I may
        replicate it in scale.

        Any help you gentlemen may render would be... very helpful :)

        Thanks
        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois