Re: Replicas?

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Replicas?
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 23:25:17 -0400
> From: "WADE WITMER, AIR-4.5.4 CSS, (703)604-3180 X2666"
>  <witmerwe.nimitz@NAVAIR.NAVY.MIL>
> Subject: Replicas?
tatus: R

> Does SVRA recognize or have a class for people to use historic
> replicars on track?  I know that HSR does not, but unfortunately not
> everybody can swing a half million dollars for an authentic '66 Shelby
> Cobra.

SVRA doesn't recognize replicas. Don't think too many groups like 'em,
although Brian Redman's Jefferson 500 usually has a GTO or TR replica show
up.
SVRA won't even let pony cars without a race history run! Other groups have
had some discussions re real "race history" before recognizing cars, but
only SVRA seems adamant.
Somebody will probably set up a group for them- how 'bout a Cobra replica
championship?

Jim Hayes    jeh@fotec.com  tel:1-800-537-8254   fax:1-617-241-8616

Vintage racing '59 & '62 Alfa Spiders.