St. Jovite Race Weekend

To: alfa-digest@homer.balltown.cma.com
Subject: St. Jovite Race Weekend
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 23:44:10 -0400
We're getting big Alfa turnouts at eastern US vintage races this year.  The
VSCCA/Equippe event at St. Jovite saw 9 Alfa Spiders and one Giulietta Coupe
show up. We coulda had our own race!

In addition, Iggy Francione showed up with a Lancia Aurelia B20 coupe and a
V4 formula car! Add in Peter Markowski's 1950 Ferrari 340 America Spider and
you have a fine weekend for any Italian-car nut.

This event is the sleeper of the season, for both competitors and
spectators. The area is really beautiful-North America's equivalent of the
ALps. The accomodations are great and inexpensive, the food is fabulous and
inexpensive too, the prople really friendly. Hey, the track is rough, but a
really challenging course!

With only about 90 entrants, we got more track time than you could imagine.
I think I got almost 200 miles in. Great racing too, seroiusly competitive
but "friendly", some mechanical failures but few "incidents", due to the
casual nature of the VSCCA events - no trophies, championships etc., just
get out there and go.

Dick Fryberger and I convinced many of our VSCCA cohorts to come (75 no
less!) and many brought wives who usually say never! They enjoyed the
scenery, food, and have their own level of socializing (beyond us talking
shop.) Karen even tried to get a blackmail photo of me taking several of the
georgeous female course workers for rides after the event concluded!

Maybe we should keep this one a secret!

Jim Hayes @ fotec,inc. the fiber optic test equipment company
jeh@fotec.com                                   529 main st.
541-0037@MCImail.com                            boston,ma 02129
ph:800-537-8254 (US,Canada) 617-241-7810 fax: 617-241-8616
Web Home Page: http://www.std.com/fotec