tvr

"TR6" Brake pressure warning question

To: "TVRLIST" <tvr@autox.team.net>
Subject: "TR6" Brake pressure warning question
From: "Pat Leask" <pleask@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:58:11 -0700
My TVR 2500M has the TR6 running and braking gear. Part of the braking gear is
the "Pressure differential warning" do-dad that receives the two brake lines
from the servo and distributes the brake lines to each wheel.

In the middle of this cast unit is the plastic electrical switch that will
light up a dash light if there is a brake failure. When I pressurized the
system with air there was a leak around the threads of this plastic switch,
and I have been unable to find another switch. So I took a standard bolt with
a copper washer and put it in place of the plastic switch.

Question: If there was/is an air leak would this allow brake fluid to leak out
as well ? (Don't know the interior workings of this thing)

Question: How does this unit work ?

Question: There is a metal ball (bearing) at the base of this plastic switch,
is it supposed to be depressed by the plastic electrical switch all the time,
and if there is a brake failure this ball pushes on the switch to indicate
there is a problem or the other way around ?

Question: As I have placed a bolt in here instead of the plastic switch have I
effectively caused this unit to think it has a brake problem and cut of half
?

Thanks everyone.
Pat

///