tvr

Re: Vixen rear end swap ????

To: usa-tvr@yahoogroups.com, tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vixen rear end swap ????
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 20:47:27 EDT
In a message dated 01-07-03 12:14:42 EDT, John.Ayer@PSS.Boeing.com writes:

<<
 As long as your are cutting and welding, would it not be just as easy to
change over to a Salisbury/Ford?  Which would offer a greater range of ratios
and limited slip devices...
 If I were King, that's what I would do :)

Hey!

The Salisbury or the Z-car diffs are very good ideas.  BUT, it just so
happens that I have a 4.55 Detroit Locker all set up, ready to go!  It's from
my old racer, a 1965 TR4A-IRS.  We used it in the 2500M hillclimb car for a
couple years, removed it when my buddy sold the car, and it has been sitting
on the shelf for a couple years, waiting for the next assignment.

So, while it may not be as good as the others, it's a pretty sturdy unit,
still in great shape, the gear ratio is just the ticket for hillclimbing,
and........... the price is right!

Rich Rock (not a member of the lucky sperm club)
Pottstown, PA

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///