tvr

Vixen rear end swap ????

To: usa-tvr@yahoogroups.com, tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Vixen rear end swap ????
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:36:41 EDT
Hello,

I am thinking about upgrading the diff in my 1970 Vixen S2.  My car has the
Spitfire/GT6/Vitesse style rear, and I would like to replace it with the
sturdier TR6-type unit that was used on the Vixen 2500.

I know that I will have to cut at least two of the old diff mounting brackets
from the frame, fabricate and weld in new ones.  Will I have to do all four,
or are the front diff mounts the same?

What about the driveshaft and halfshafts/u-joints/flanges?  Can the ones on
my car be made to work?  If so, how?  If not, what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA
(planning on attending Pittsburgh)