tvr

Re: Vixen front spring free lengths and rate? 2222222

To: Dr John Upham <webmaster@ukmotorsport.com>
Subject: Re: Vixen front spring free lengths and rate? 2222222
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:45:28 -0800
John,
 Sorry, just thought of other things. where are you measuring the extra
1-2"? If at the bumper in front, this would be greater measurement than
at the wheel. Raising the rear would drop the "front bumper" more if
that
is your desired outcome.
  Bill

Dr John Upham wrote:

> Dear All,
>      The front of my Vixen S3 is sitting too high. The rear seems
>      about right on
>
>      4 x 65 lb/inch (measured on a spring compressor
>      at Reading University) of 14" free length
>
>      The fronts are 185 lb/inch and 13" free length (I think
>      but not sure).
>
>      Bearing in mind I'm using a 1600 Kent Crossflow engine with
>      an alloy bellhousing, can anyone recommend some front
>      spring spec figures please?
>
>      I reckon the car is nose up by around 1-2 inches too much.
>
>      Best Regards,
>
>      John
>

> --
> Dr John Upham, The UKMotorSport Index,
> http://www.ukmotorsport.com/, webmaster@ukmotorsport.com,
> Voice: +44 (0) 976 634 053 (W), Voice: +44 (0) 125 287 2551 (H),
> Voice: +44 (0) 976 634 053 (M)
> Registered address: Reid House, Mill Hall, Cuckfield, West Sussex RH17
> 5HX
> Registered number: 3445711

Shop Safely Online Without a Credit Card
http://www.rocketcash.com