Re: [TR] TR3a steering box

To: dave northrup <dave@ranteer.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a steering box
From: DAVE HOGYE <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:14:11 -0800 (PST)

------=_Part_263429_1522847828.1700525651673

I rebuilt the box in my TR3.  The worm gear was in good condition.  That might
be the most difficult part to replace.  I replaced the bushing for the rocker
shaft and added second bushing opposite to that one if I remember correctly.
It was recommended as an upgrade/improvement.  I had a machine shop hone the
new bushing to size.  I replaced all other bits a pieces necessary and
available.
My steering box works great.
However, I think the suggestion of sending yours to Macy's is a great idea.  I
haven't worked with them, but they have a solid reputation and obviously care
about what they do.
Dave H.

> On 11/20/2023 10:28 AM PST dave northrup <dave@ranteer.com> wrote:
>

> Best place to have a TR3a steering box rebuilt?
>
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs http://www.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dlhogye@comcast.net

------=_Part_263429_1522847828.1700525651673

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
#333333;">
my TR3.&nbsp; The worm gear was in good condition.&nbsp; That might be the most
difficult part to replace.&nbsp; I replaced the bushing for the rocker shaft
and added second bushing opposite to that one if I remember correctly.&nbsp; It
was recommended as an upgrade/improvement.&nbsp; I had a machine shop hone the
new bushing to size.&nbsp; I replaced all other bits a pieces necessary and
available.</span>
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
great.</span>
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   However, I think the suggestion of sending yours to Macy's is a great
idea.&nbsp; I haven't worked with them, but they have a solid reputation and
obviously care about what they do.&nbsp;&nbsp;
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   Dave H.&nbsp;
helvetica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">
   &nbsp;