[TR] Squeaky steering column and horn push on my 2967 TR4A IRS

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Squeaky steering column and horn push on my 2967 TR4A IRS
From: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:08:49 -0500
Hi all,
First of all happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this side of the pond!
One to my question(s).
Over this last driving season, my steering column has developed a squeak every
time I move it. Years ago during the restoration I had installed a set of The
Roadster Factory nylon bushings in the column and I am pretty sure the squeak
is coming from the top bushing on the column. Is white lithium grease OK on
nylon my best route or is there a better lubricant?
Second question:
I have a Tourist Trophy steering wheel and horn push. Has anyone else with this
setup had problems with the actual horn button popping off into your chest? If
so, what is the fix?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

Sent from my iPhone