Re: [TR] Tom Householder RIP

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Tom Householder RIP
From: yellowtr@adelphia.net
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 02:56:25 -0400

--------------93769E66C1F3DACBE9E6C15F

Don,

Sad news. Tom was my age. Way too young.

I have been donating my parts for the past 2 years to
https://britishautosalvage.com/index.html.

I finished my last restoration over 12 years ago so I figured let the
parts go in order to keep the Triumph mark alive. My hopes are the
younger kids find the joy all of us have had for decades long after I am
gone.

RIP Tom.

Bob

On 4/26/23 12:13 AM, Don Hiscock wrote:
> For those who haven't heard yet, Tom Householder, great friend to the
> Triumph and Doretti marques, died on April 15, 2023 after being in
> failing health for over a year.
>
> Here's his obituary from his hometown newspaper.
> https://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/obituaries/mnj256898
>
> Tom was an active poster on this list in years past, and especially
> valued the FoT community.
>
> Tom described his life around TRs in a profile in the TRA Newsletter
> from November 2017.  In that article he described going to sea from
> Jacksonville, looking back at his TR3A and imagining a whole parking
> lot full of Triumphs.  That image led him a couple of years later to
> put a handwritten note in the parts department of Ernie Harter's
> Triumph dealership in Lancaster Ohio asking if anyone wanted to start
> a car club.  From those seeds the Triumph Register of America grew.
>
> (And, BTW, the front apron from that TR3A , shown here in Florida
> with Tom's dog Skipper, is on my TR3B now:
> https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJnH7xR/0/b1f88787/O/i-xJnH7xR.jpg)
>
> I met Tom 44 years ago when we worked at the same research institute,
> and the TR3B I have today was through his matchmaking.  His family had
> a big auction of his TR and Doretti cars, parts, and ephemera in
> February so some of the rare bits he'd accumulated will remain in the
> hobby for years to come.
>
> My last visit with my friend was a month or so ago and he stated he
> was comfortable and at peace.  He missed his wife and best friend
> Susie, who predeceased him by about two years.  Tom, those of you who
> knew him will understand, lived his own life by his own and often
> ornery rules, but he was always there to help friends and always had a
> (usually off-color) joke to tell.  He thought sometimes he should have
> been born a hundred years or more earlier when his simple and
> independent self-reliance would have been more common and maybe more
> helpful in life -- he was probably not wrong there!
>
> Here are Tom and Susie out to dinner in 2016:
> https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BGbHCqN/0/d9e06ac7/XL/i-BGbHCqN-XL.jpg
>
> Rest in peace, Tom.

--------------93769E66C1F3DACBE9E6C15F

  <head>
  </head>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://britishautosalvage.com/index.html";>https://britishautosalvage.com/index.html</a>.</p>
      the parts go in order to keep the Triumph mark alive. My hopes are
      the younger kids find the joy all of us have had for decades long
      after I am gone.<br>
cite="mid:CAPK7CFDv7=ZxQ5cUaFeQn_dSVjUNgBHuhmau0xMXXyFr8RYnpg@mail.gmail.com">
          haven't heard yet, Tom Householder, great friend to the
          Triumph and Doretti marques, died on April 15, 2023 after
          being in failing health for over a year. </div>
          obituary from his hometown newspaper.</div>
            href="https://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/obituaries/mnj256898";
            target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/obituaries/mnj256898</a><br>
          active poster on this list in years past, and especially
          valued the FoT community.</div>
          his life around TRs in a profile in the TRA Newsletter from
          November 2017.  In that article he described going to sea from
          Jacksonville, looking back at his TR3A and imagining a whole
          parking lot full of Triumphs.  That image led him a couple of
          years later to put a handwritten note in the parts department
          of Ernie Harter's Triumph dealership in Lancaster Ohio asking
          if anyone wanted to start a car club.  From those seeds the
          Triumph Register of America grew.  </div>
          the front apron from that TR3A , shown here in Florida
          with Tom's dog Skipper, is on my TR3B now: <a
href="https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJnH7xR/0/b1f88787/O/i-xJnH7xR.jpg";

moz-do-not-send="true">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJnH7xR/0/b1f88787/O/i-xJnH7xR.jpg</a>)</div>
          years ago when we worked at the same research institute, and
          the TR3B I have today was through his matchmaking.  His family
          had a big auction of his TR and Doretti cars, parts, and
          ephemera in February so some of the rare bits he'd accumulated
          will remain in the hobby for years to come.</div>
          with my friend was a month or so ago and he stated he was
          comfortable and at peace.  He missed his wife and best friend
          Susie, who predeceased him by about two years.  Tom, those of
          you who knew him will understand, lived his own life by his
          own and often ornery rules, but he was always there to help
          friends and always had a (usually off-color) joke to tell.  He
          thought sometimes he should have been born a hundred years or
          more earlier when his simple and independent self-reliance
          would have been more common and maybe more helpful in life --
          he was probably not wrong there!</div>
          and Susie out to dinner in 2016:</div>
href="https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BGbHCqN/0/d9e06ac7/XL/i-BGbHCqN-XL.jpg";

moz-do-not-send="true">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BGbHCqN/0/d9e06ac7/XL/i-BGbHCqN-XL.jpg</a><br>