[TR] Tom Householder RIP

To: Triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Tom Householder RIP
From: Don Hiscock <don.hiscock@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 23:13:47 -0500

--0000000000001c51fb05fa357853

For those who haven't heard yet, Tom Householder, great friend to the
Triumph and Doretti marques, died on April 15, 2023 after being in failing
health for over a year.

Here's his obituary from his hometown newspaper.
https://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/obituaries/mnj256898

Tom was an active poster on this list in years past, and especially valued
the FoT community.

Tom described his life around TRs in a profile in the TRA Newsletter from
November 2017.  In that article he described going to sea from
Jacksonville, looking back at his TR3A and imagining a whole parking lot
full of Triumphs.  That image led him a couple of years later to put a
handwritten note in the parts department of Ernie Harter's Triumph
dealership in Lancaster Ohio asking if anyone wanted to start a car club.
>From those seeds the Triumph Register of America grew.

(And, BTW, the front apron from that TR3A , shown here in Florida
with Tom's dog Skipper, is on my TR3B now:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJnH7xR/0/b1f88787/O/i-xJnH7xR.jpg)

I met Tom 44 years ago when we worked at the same research institute, and
the TR3B I have today was through his matchmaking.  His family had a big
auction of his TR and Doretti cars, parts, and ephemera in February so some
of the rare bits he'd accumulated will remain in the hobby for years to
come.

My last visit with my friend was a month or so ago and he stated he was
comfortable and at peace.  He missed his wife and best friend Susie, who
predeceased him by about two years.  Tom, those of you who knew him will
understand, lived his own life by his own and often ornery rules, but he
was always there to help friends and always had a (usually off-color) joke
to tell.  He thought sometimes he should have been born a hundred years or
more earlier when his simple and independent self-reliance would have been
more common and maybe more helpful in life -- he was probably not wrong
there!

Here are Tom and Susie out to dinner in 2016:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BGbHCqN/0/d9e06ac7/XL/i-BGbHCqN-XL.jpg

Rest in peace, Tom.

--0000000000001c51fb05fa357853

 those who haven&#39;t heard yet, Tom Householder, great friend to the Triu=
mph and Doretti marques, died on April 15, 2023 after being in failing heal=
th for over a year.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-s=
ize:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"=
>Here&#39;s his obituary from his hometown newspaper.</div><div class=3D"gm=
ail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"><a href=3D"https://www.lancastereagl=
egazette.com/obituaries/mnj256898" target=3D"_blank">https://www.lancastere=
lt" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"font-size:small">Tom was an active poster on this list in years past, a=
nd especially valued the FoT community.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" s=
tyle=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"fo=
nt-size:small">Tom described his life around TRs in a profile in the TRA Ne=
wsletter from November 2017.=C2=A0 In that article he described going to se=
a from Jacksonville, looking back at his TR3A and imagining a whole parking=
 lot full of Triumphs.=C2=A0 That image led him a couple of years later to =
put a handwritten note in the parts department of Ernie Harter&#39;s Triump=
h dealership in Lancaster Ohio asking if anyone wanted to start a car club.=
=C2=A0 From those seeds the Triumph Register of America grew.=C2=A0=C2=A0</=
lass=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">(And, BTW, the front apron=
 from that TR3A , shown here in Florida with=C2=A0Tom&#39;s dog Skipper, is=
 on my TR3B now: <a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJnH7xR/0/b=
1f88787/O/i-xJnH7xR.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-xJnH7xR/0/b1f8=
8787/O/i-xJnH7xR.jpg</a>)</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-s=
ize:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small"=
>I met Tom 44 years ago when we worked at the same research institute, and =
the TR3B I have today was through his matchmaking.=C2=A0 His family had a b=
ig auction of his TR and Doretti cars, parts, and ephemera in February so s=
ome of the rare bits he&#39;d accumulated will remain in the hobby for year=
with my friend was a month or so ago and he stated he was comfortable and a=
t peace.=C2=A0 He missed his wife and best friend Susie, who predeceased hi=
m by about two years.=C2=A0 Tom, those of you who knew him will understand,=
 lived his own life by his own=C2=A0and often ornery rules, but he was alwa=
ys there to help friends and always had a (usually off-color) joke to tell.=
=C2=A0 He thought sometimes he should have been born a hundred years or mor=
e earlier when his simple and independent self-reliance would have been mor=
e common and maybe more helpful in life -- he was probably not wrong there!=
 class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Here are Tom and Susie o=
ut to dinner in 2016:</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:=
small"><a href=3D"https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BGbHCqN/0/d9e06ac7/XL=
/i-BGbHCqN-XL.jpg">https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BGbHCqN/0/d9e06ac7/X=
size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small=
">Rest in peace, Tom.</div></div>

--0000000000001c51fb05fa357853--

--===============1775649781521382375==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **