Re: [TR] Headlight round Connection

To: "smithwm845@gmail.com" <smithwm845@gmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Headlight round Connection
From: DAVID MASSEY <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 12:52:41 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_743580_926190332.1613134361077

=20

 It never ends=F0=9F=98=8A
 So true, so true.
BTW, the sealed beam halogens I've seen don't use any more power than stock=
 headlights, they just put out more light.=C2=A0 They do a pretty good job =
and are quite reasonable in price.=C2=A0 At one point I bought a pair of ch=
eap headlights with separate bulbs (not a name brand like Cibe or Hella) an=
d the performance was poor.=C2=A0 I even fit 100W bulbs.=C2=A0 I replaced t=
hose with hardware store sealed beam halogens with the stock 40/45W filamen=
ts and the difference was remarkable.=C2=A0 Why?=C2=A0 The reflector is a c=
ritical part of the light projection system and that is just what a headlig=
ht is, a light projector.=C2=A0 It projects the light in a particular patte=
rn to optimize visibility.=C2=A0 Just throwing out a bunch of light at rand=
om doesn't necessarily put it where you want it and will blind on-coming tr=
affic.
But you won't NEED to upgrade the alternator if you go with sealed beam hal=
ogen headlights but if you WANT to upgrade, have at it.
Enjoy
=20
Dave=20

=20