Re: [TR] Headlight round Connection

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Headlight round Connection
From: WILLIAM SMITH <smithwm845@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 22:20:44 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded with possible answers and
recommendations.  As usual, I believe Dave Massey was spot-on with the
'72 headlight ground connection being a push-on connector attached to
the inner side of the front valance.  As my car is not back yet from the
body shop (long story/TMI), I can't actually test that connection until
I get it back.  However, I do have the original valance and spotted the
tab for the connector after Dave mentioned it in his reply --- thanks
Dave!   If cleaning that ground connection doesn't brighten the lights,
I'll have to probe further.

As for those who suggested the headlight relay kit, I've been toying
with that idea for a while, so thanks for reminding me.  As the original
headlights were never bright enough, I was thinking of doing the relay
with a set of halogen sealed beams. Oh, and that would probably call for
an alternator upgrade, as well.  It never endsð???

Bill Smith

'72 TR6

'80 TR7

--