Re: [TR] emissions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] emissions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 02:59:57 -0700
> Just bought a 75 tr6 with no air pump or emissions po put in that new
> vacuum advance that Moss sells do I need the emissions and pump for
> performance or does it really matter

As long as the removal was done "properly" (the right passages blocked and
the right ones left open, initial timing set to around 10-12 BTDC); and
you'll never have to pass a "smog inspection" (still required for a 75 in CA
I believe, not sure about other states); then you don't 'need' the pump or
associated emissions equipment.  It's only to reduce pollution and does
nothing for performance.

IF the advance is properly installed, you should see a bit less fuel
consumption under normal driving.  But it doesn't do anything for max
performance either.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive