Re: [TR] May 6th

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] May 6th
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 3:32:05 +0000
I agree with Randall about the TR6 (unfortunately) as far as the 98 Maxima, I
have had a 99 for about 14 years.  The first 10 were bliss, the last 4 a little
less reliable.  Misfire or rough running? The ignition coil packs, right over
each plug, tend to go, you can pull the wires for each one, one at a time, the
one that doesn't make the car run worse when you pull the wire plug is the bad
one.

Greg Lemon
TR250
99 Maxima (now my son's, but I still fix it)
.
---- John Summers <rivers2hills@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We've all heard the phrase, "well, I've got good news and I've got bad news",
> right.  A few weeks agosome one mentioned that maybe the reason my TR 6
> wouldn't go into any gear while running mightbe because of low oil within the
> transmission.  So, he good news is that I was so far under my carthat nobody
> could see a 67 year old man crying.  The bad news is first that the nut on
> the side ofthe transmission case had been mis handled so many times that it
> was nicked and bungled up that no size socketcould get a grip on it.  This
> caused my creative mind to churn and churn,,,,,and churn.  I decidedthat the
> rubber-like tapered re-stoppers I use to recork my wine bottles, if I drilled
> a hole into and through one,bought a hand squeeze siphon from PepBoys, ran
> the hose from that into the stopper and the other endinto a bottle of oil and
> squeeze and squeeze until I thought the oil level were correct.  Of course
> this would be a trickyoperation what with having to remove the drain bolt.
>  Rubber plugs and oil; just imagine the possibilities!!  Oil came outand
> into the hose it should have been going out of as well as all over my hand
> and driveway.  I would say that yesthere was a good possibility the oil was
> low judging by the small amount on the driveway.  Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 cupbefore
> it turned into a drip.  Now, how much oil to get it back to the proper
> level?  Question #2, do you think that the same fountain pump I used to
> drain the pan under my leaky kitchen drain would have the same easepumping
> oil as it did water?  (I guess I could try it first)  Ok, along with oil
> came what appears to be a 3/8" magnetwith shavings on both ends.  I'm at a
> loss on that other than to say it did it's job of collecting fragments of my
> gears.If the pump idea doesn't work I'm not sure what to do.  The fill
> nut,,,,,I've tried everything and can't get anything close enough to the
> base of the nut to really get a good grip.  I've thought about taking the
> transmission cover off and coming at it from the inside of the "cockpit".
>  Dangit!!! the weather is so nice here in Jacksonville now AND I have to
> get THIS car on the road because since March 1st we've been driving a rental
> due to troublewith the '98 Maxima. This has been an up and down day
> emotionally.  Wife disabled 16 years, oldest son withthree bulging discs and
> NO cartilage in one knee,,,,been in the E.R. SEVEN times in the last month
> and the youngerson's 2000 Subaru Impreza in my garage with a blown
> engine,,,,,,,,,,,,,and my hips are killing me.  Might be quickerto just have
> the car fall on me:)))  Not. Sorry that I'm so long winded, you ought to see
> me on Facebook, or, if it is ok with those who run this list you could take
> a look at my "art" done on computer. It's
> at: http://www.saatchiart.com/account/artworks/219699 ; Thanks all.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive