Re: [TR] update - the mystery continues

Subject: Re: [TR] update - the mystery continues
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 15:01:20 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> No valve seals on a TR3 engine.  Could be worn valve guides
> but in my experience those usually manifest themselves by
> allowing oil to seep into the cylinder when the engine is off
> and produce blue smoke briefly at start-up.

An exception might be if someone has fitted the external oil feed to the rocker
shaft.  I installed one years ago on an engine with
badly worn guides, and it did indeed suck an incredible amount of oil past the
intake guides.  I literally got a warning letter from
the CA equivalent of the EPA, due to excess smoke!

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive