Re: [TR] Chroming TR4 tail lamp assembly

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Chroming TR4 tail lamp assembly
From: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:15:30 -0400

------=_Part_115284_469750933.1427030130259

 I used St. Louis Plating to rechrome my TR3 windscreen.  They did a nice job
but the chrome on one part started to peel up.  The peeling has stopped and
there is a stretch about 3 inches long where the underlying metal is showing.
They offered to rechrome the piece at no charge but I will have to dismantle
the screen and reassemble afterwards.  I'm on the fence as to whether or not to
do that (it cost me $50 to have the glass installed - it is beyond my skills,
experience and equipment).  I will probably bite the bullet and do it but I
haven't committed as yet.

The section where the peeling occurred is covered when the top is installed o
it doesn't show during concours but that is the only time I have the top up
so...

Dave Massey