Re: [TR] Chroming TR4 tail lamp assembly

To: john-marie@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Chroming TR4 tail lamp assembly
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 06:56:09 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--089e0160c514b82a320511b8ad6c

John -

In addition to a name, the price might also be useful as the cost of
plating seems to vary quite a bit across the U.S.  Something as small as
taillamp housing could be shipped if the quality and price warranted.

The local shop I used did a fine job on mine - I would have called them
'pitted' but not 'badly pitted' - but it was so long ago that their price
would be way out of date.

Geo

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM, <john-marie@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hello List,
> This is a follow-up to a very old discussion on re-chroming badly pitted
> TR4 tail light housings.  There was interest in hearing of any vendor that
> would/could chrome the housings.  I recently brought mine to a local vendor
> (St. Louis) and picked them up today.  I am very satisfied with the
> results.  The housings were badly pitted, but the vendor was able to remove
> all but a few of the worst pits.  Thought it was worth mentioning.
> John DeLuca
> TR4A in Restro.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--089e0160c514b82a320511b8ad6c

, the price might also be useful as the cost of plating seems to vary quite=
 a bit across the U.S.=C2=A0 Something as small as taillamp housing could b=
local shop I used did a fine job on mine - I would have called them &#39;pi=
tted&#39; but not &#39;badly pitted&#39; - but it was so long ago that thei=
div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Mar 19, 20=
15 at 6:41 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:john-marie@sbcgloba=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hello List,<br>
This is a follow-up to a very old discussion on re-chroming badly pitted TR=
4 tail light housings.=C2=A0 There was interest in hearing of any vendor th=
at would/could chrome the housings.=C2=A0 I recently brought mine to a loca=
l vendor (St. Louis) and picked them up today.=C2=A0 I am very satisfied wi=
th the results.=C2=A0 The housings were badly pitted, but the vendor was ab=
le to remove all but a few of the worst pits.=C2=A0 Thought it was worth me=
ntioning.<br>
John DeLuca<br>
TR4A in Restro.<br>
Sent from my iPad<br>