Re: [TR] Lubricating a TR3A

To: <terryrs@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Lubricating a TR3A
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:49:23 -0700
> One thing I've never done, and frankly don't know how to do,
> is clean and lubricate the suspension springs.  What do you
> do?  Just wire brush them and squirt from an oil can around them?

Only the rear leaf springs.  The book suggests to apply used (!) motor oil with
a small brush along the sides of all of the leaves,
being careful not to contaminate the bushings front & rear.

But, if they have been neglected for a long time, you probably need to remove
and disassemble them, to clean out the accumulated
rust.

Not sure which manual you are looking at, but I recommend finding a copy of
"Practical Hints for the Maintenance of the Triumph
T.R.3", preferably the edition that matches your car.  You can download the 6th
edition (suitable for cars after TS60000) from
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2H2NJt34OffNjQ4MTkyNjItZTVmYi00M2U2LWJhYWUtMjEyZDgxMzUyNzUw/view?usp=sharing

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive