Re: [TR] De-Rusting TR3 Block

To: "'William Brewer'" <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] De-Rusting TR3 Block
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 08:49:41 -0700
> Last time
> I rebuilt the
> engine (about 11 years and 80,000  miles ago) it was pretty
> rusty inside the
> water jacket area of the block and I de-rusted it pretty well
> and have used
> No-Rosion since.

If it is full of rust again, then the No-Rosion isn't working.  You need to
find something that actually works and stick with that.
Even with No-Rosion, you are still supposed to change the coolant every 5
years; and the new Prestone "any color" antifreeze claims
that it's anti-corrosion additives will last for 5 years anyway.  So far
anyway, it seems to work for me.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive